Defending Your Cause After A O’Fallon Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in O’Fallon, IL
Auto Accident Attorney O’Fallon, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in O’Fallon, IL can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help O’Fallon residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our O’Fallon auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our O’Fallon, IL auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful compensation, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a O’Fallon, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated O’Fallon, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your O’Fallon auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service O’Fallon, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around O’Fallon for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran O’Fallon, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in O’Fallon can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to O’Fallon accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common O’Fallon, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us following your O’Fallon, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In O’Fallon, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across O’Fallon, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your O’Fallon, IL accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your O’Fallon auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a reputable and understanding O’Fallon, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in O’Fallon, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in O’Fallon, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your O’Fallon auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since in most cases the amount of discomfort a O’Fallon, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a O’Fallon, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent O’Fallon, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a competitive O’Fallon, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with O’Fallon residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in O’Fallon, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your O’Fallon, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in O’Fallon, IL caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact O’Fallon auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.