Defending Your Interests After A New Melle Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in New Melle, MO
Auto Accident Attorney New Melle, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an auto accident in New Melle, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help New Melle residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our New Melle auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our New Melle, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a New Melle, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated New Melle, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your New Melle auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service New Melle, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around New Melle to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran New Melle, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in New Melle can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to New Melle accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common New Melle, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your New Melle, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In New Melle, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across New Melle, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your New Melle, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your New Melle auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you call a trustworthy and compassionate New Melle, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in New Melle, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in New Melle, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your New Melle auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since by and large the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a New Melle, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven New Melle, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and intelligence of a top New Melle, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with New Melle residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in New Melle, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your New Melle, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in New Melle, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact New Melle auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.