Defending Your Cause After A New Haven Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in New Haven, MO
Auto Accident Attorney New Haven, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in New Haven, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help New Haven residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our New Haven auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our New Haven, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a New Haven, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran New Haven, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your New Haven auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete New Haven, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around New Haven for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran New Haven, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in New Haven can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to New Haven accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common New Haven, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us following your New Haven, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In New Haven, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across New Haven, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your New Haven, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your New Haven auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a reputable and understanding New Haven, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in New Haven, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in New Haven, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your New Haven auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since by and large the amount of discomfort a New Haven, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a New Haven, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring New Haven, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and intelligence of an elite New Haven, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with New Haven residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in New Haven, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your New Haven, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in New Haven, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not wait: contact New Haven auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.