Defending Your Rights After A New Hanover Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in New Hanover, IL
Auto Accident Attorney New Hanover, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in New Hanover, IL can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help New Hanover residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our New Hanover auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our New Hanover, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a New Hanover, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated New Hanover, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete New Hanover, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around New Hanover to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran New Hanover, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in New Hanover can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to New Hanover accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common New Hanover, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your New Hanover, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In New Hanover, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across New Hanover, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your New Hanover, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your New Hanover auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you speak to a reputable and understanding New Hanover, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in New Hanover, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in New Hanover, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your New Hanover auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since for the most part the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a New Hanover, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent New Hanover, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and acumen of a competitive New Hanover, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with New Hanover residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in New Hanover, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your New Hanover, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in New Hanover, IL caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact New Hanover auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.