Fighting For Your Interests After A New Baden Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in New Baden, IL
Auto Accident Attorney New Baden, IL. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in New Baden, IL can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help New Baden residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our New Baden auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our New Baden, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a New Baden, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated New Baden, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your New Baden auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service New Baden, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around New Baden for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran New Baden, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in New Baden can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just compensation to New Baden accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common New Baden, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your New Baden, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In New Baden, IL
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across New Baden, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your New Baden, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your New Baden auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you call a trustworthy and compassionate New Baden, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in New Baden, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in New Baden, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your New Baden auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since for the most part the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a New Baden, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent New Baden, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and acumen of a top New Baden, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with New Baden residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in New Baden, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your New Baden, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in New Baden, IL caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact New Baden auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.