Fighting For Your Interests After A New Athens Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in New Athens, IL
Auto Accident Attorney New Athens, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in New Athens, IL can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help New Athens residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our New Athens auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our New Athens, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a New Athens, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated New Athens, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete New Athens, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around New Athens in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran New Athens, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in New Athens can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to New Athens accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common New Athens, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us following your New Athens, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In New Athens, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across New Athens, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your New Athens, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your New Athens auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a reputable and understanding New Athens, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in New Athens, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in New Athens, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your New Athens auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since for the most part the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a New Athens, IL auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring New Athens, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and intelligence of an elite New Athens, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with New Athens residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in New Athens, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your New Athens, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in New Athens, IL caused by another party’s negligence, act quickly: contact New Athens auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.