Defending Your Cause After A Murphy Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Murphy, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Murphy, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Murphy, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Murphy residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Murphy auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Murphy, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful compensation, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Murphy, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Murphy, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Murphy auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Murphy, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Murphy in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Murphy, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Murphy can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Murphy accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Murphy, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us following your Murphy, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Murphy, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Murphy, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Murphy, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Murphy auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Murphy, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Murphy, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Murphy, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Murphy auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since by and large the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Murphy, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Murphy, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and legal knowledge of a top Murphy, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Murphy residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Murphy, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Murphy, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Murphy, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact Murphy auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.