Fighting For Your Cause After A Moscow Mills Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Moscow Mills, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Moscow Mills, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in Moscow Mills, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Moscow Mills residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Moscow Mills auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Moscow Mills, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate remuneration, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Moscow Mills, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Moscow Mills, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Moscow Mills auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Moscow Mills, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Moscow Mills in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Moscow Mills, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Moscow Mills can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Moscow Mills accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Moscow Mills, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us following your Moscow Mills, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Moscow Mills, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Moscow Mills, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Moscow Mills, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Moscow Mills auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Moscow Mills, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following documents. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Moscow Mills, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Moscow Mills, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Moscow Mills auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since in most cases the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Moscow Mills, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Moscow Mills, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and acumen of a top Moscow Mills, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Moscow Mills residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Moscow Mills, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Moscow Mills, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Moscow Mills, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Moscow Mills auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.