Defending Your Cause After A Millstadt Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Millstadt, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Millstadt, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Millstadt, IL can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Millstadt residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Millstadt auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Millstadt, IL auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
Following a Millstadt, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Millstadt, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Millstadt auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Millstadt, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Millstadt for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Millstadt, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Millstadt can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Millstadt accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and give our clients justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Millstadt, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us following your Millstadt, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Millstadt, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Millstadt, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Millstadt, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Millstadt auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a trustworthy and understanding Millstadt, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Millstadt, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Millstadt, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Millstadt auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Millstadt, IL victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Millstadt, IL auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Millstadt, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and acumen of a top Millstadt, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Millstadt residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Millstadt, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Millstadt, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Millstadt, IL caused by someone else’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact Millstadt auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.