Defending Your Rights After A Merrimac Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Merrimac, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Merrimac, IL. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in Merrimac, IL can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Merrimac residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Merrimac auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Merrimac, IL auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Merrimac, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Merrimac, IL auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Merrimac auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Merrimac, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Merrimac to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Merrimac, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Merrimac can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Merrimac accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Merrimac, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us following your Merrimac, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Merrimac, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Merrimac, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Merrimac, IL accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Merrimac auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Merrimac, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Merrimac, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Merrimac, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Merrimac auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Merrimac, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Merrimac, IL auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Merrimac, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of an elite Merrimac, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Merrimac residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Merrimac, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Merrimac, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Merrimac, IL caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Merrimac auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.