Fighting For Your Cause After A Mehlville Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Mehlville, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Mehlville, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an auto accident in Mehlville, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Mehlville residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Mehlville auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Mehlville, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Mehlville, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Mehlville, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Mehlville, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Mehlville for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Mehlville, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Mehlville can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Mehlville accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Mehlville, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Mehlville, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Mehlville, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Mehlville, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly easy to document your Mehlville, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Mehlville auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you talk to a trustworthy and compassionate Mehlville, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Mehlville, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Mehlville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Mehlville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since for the most part the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Mehlville, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Mehlville, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of an elite Mehlville, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Mehlville residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Mehlville, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Mehlville, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Mehlville, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Mehlville auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.