Defending Your Cause After A Mascoutah Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Mascoutah, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Mascoutah, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Mascoutah, IL can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Mascoutah residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Mascoutah auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Mascoutah, IL auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Mascoutah, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Mascoutah, IL auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Mascoutah, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Mascoutah in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Mascoutah, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Mascoutah can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Mascoutah accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Mascoutah, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Mascoutah, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Mascoutah, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Mascoutah, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Mascoutah, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Mascoutah auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a reputable and compassionate Mascoutah, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Mascoutah, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Mascoutah, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Mascoutah auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Mascoutah, IL auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Mascoutah, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of an elite Mascoutah, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Mascoutah residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Mascoutah, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Mascoutah, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Mascoutah, IL caused by another party’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact Mascoutah auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.