Fighting For Your Interests After A Maryland Heights Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Maryland Heights, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Maryland Heights, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Maryland Heights, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Maryland Heights residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Maryland Heights auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Maryland Heights, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Maryland Heights, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Maryland Heights, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Maryland Heights auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Maryland Heights, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Maryland Heights for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Maryland Heights, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Maryland Heights can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Maryland Heights accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Maryland Heights, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us following your Maryland Heights, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Maryland Heights, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Maryland Heights, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Maryland Heights, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Maryland Heights auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you call a trustworthy and understanding Maryland Heights, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Maryland Heights, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Maryland Heights, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Maryland Heights auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since in most cases the amount of difficulty a Maryland Heights, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Maryland Heights, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Maryland Heights, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and legal knowledge of a competitive Maryland Heights, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Maryland Heights residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Maryland Heights, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Maryland Heights, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Maryland Heights, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Maryland Heights auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.