Fighting For Your Rights After A Marthasville Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Marthasville, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Marthasville, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Marthasville, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Marthasville residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Marthasville auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Marthasville, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Marthasville, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Marthasville, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Marthasville, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Marthasville in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Marthasville, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Marthasville can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Marthasville accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Marthasville, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Marthasville, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Marthasville, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Marthasville, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Marthasville, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Marthasville auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a trustworthy and compassionate Marthasville, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following documents. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Marthasville, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Marthasville, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Marthasville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Marthasville, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Marthasville, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Marthasville, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and acumen of a top Marthasville, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Marthasville residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Marthasville, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Marthasville, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Marthasville, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, act quickly: contact Marthasville auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.