Defending Your Rights After A Marine Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Marine, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Marine, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in Marine, IL can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Marine residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Marine auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Marine, IL auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Marine, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Marine, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Marine auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Marine, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Marine for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Marine, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Marine can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Marine accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Marine, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Marine, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Marine, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Marine, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Marine, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Marine auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a reputable and understanding Marine, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Marine, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Marine, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Marine auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Marine, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Marine, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Marine, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of a top Marine, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Marine residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Marine, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Marine, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Marine, IL caused by someone else’s negligence, act quickly: contact Marine auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.