Defending Your Rights After A Maplewood Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Maplewood, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Maplewood, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an auto accident in Maplewood, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Maplewood residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Maplewood auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Maplewood, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful remuneration, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Maplewood, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Maplewood, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Maplewood auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Maplewood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Maplewood for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Maplewood, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Maplewood can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Maplewood accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Maplewood, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Maplewood, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Maplewood, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Maplewood, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Maplewood, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Maplewood auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a reputable and understanding Maplewood, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Maplewood, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Maplewood, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Maplewood auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since in most cases the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Maplewood, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Maplewood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and legal knowledge of a top Maplewood, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Maplewood residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Maplewood, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Maplewood, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Maplewood, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Maplewood auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.