Fighting For Your Rights After A Maeystown Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Maeystown, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Maeystown, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Maeystown, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Maeystown residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Maeystown auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Maeystown, IL auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Maeystown, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Maeystown, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Maeystown auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Maeystown, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Maeystown for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Maeystown, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Maeystown can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Maeystown accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Maeystown, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Maeystown, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Maeystown, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Maeystown, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Maeystown, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Maeystown auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you talk to a reputable and compassionate Maeystown, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Maeystown, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Maeystown, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Maeystown auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Maeystown, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Maeystown, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and acumen of a top Maeystown, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Maeystown residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Maeystown, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Maeystown, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Maeystown, IL caused by another driver’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Maeystown auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.