Fighting For Your Rights After A Madonnaville Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Madonnaville, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Madonnaville, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in Madonnaville, IL can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Madonnaville residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Madonnaville auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Madonnaville, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just remuneration, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Madonnaville, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Madonnaville, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Madonnaville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Madonnaville to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Madonnaville, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Madonnaville can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Madonnaville accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Madonnaville, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your Madonnaville, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Madonnaville, IL
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Madonnaville, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Madonnaville, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Madonnaville auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you speak to a reputable and understanding Madonnaville, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following documents. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Madonnaville, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Madonnaville, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Madonnaville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Madonnaville, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Madonnaville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and acumen of a top Madonnaville, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Madonnaville residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Madonnaville, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Madonnaville, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Madonnaville, IL caused by another driver’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Madonnaville auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.