Fighting For Your Rights After A Madison Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Madison, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Madison, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an auto accident in Madison, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Madison residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Madison auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Madison, IL auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Madison, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Madison, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your Madison auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Madison, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Madison to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Madison, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Madison can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Madison accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Madison, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Madison, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Madison, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Madison, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Madison, IL accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Madison auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a trustworthy and compassionate Madison, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Madison, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Madison, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Madison auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Madison, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Madison, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Madison, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and legal knowledge of a top Madison, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Madison residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Madison, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Madison, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Madison, IL caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not wait: contact Madison auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.