Fighting For Your Cause After A Lemay Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Lemay, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Lemay, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an auto accident in Lemay, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Lemay residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Lemay auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Lemay, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Lemay, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Lemay, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Lemay auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Lemay, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Lemay for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Lemay, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Lemay can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to Lemay accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Lemay, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Lemay, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Lemay, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Lemay, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Lemay, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Lemay auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a reputable and understanding Lemay, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Lemay, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Lemay, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Lemay auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since by and large the amount of anguish a Lemay, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Lemay, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Lemay, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and acumen of a competitive Lemay, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Lemay residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Lemay, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Lemay, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Lemay, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact Lemay auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.