Fighting For Your Cause After A Lebanon Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Lebanon, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Lebanon, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an auto accident in Lebanon, IL can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Lebanon residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Lebanon auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Lebanon, IL auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful remuneration, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Lebanon, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Lebanon, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Lebanon, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Lebanon in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Lebanon, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Lebanon can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just compensation to Lebanon accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Lebanon, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Lebanon, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Lebanon, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Lebanon, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Lebanon, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Lebanon auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a reputable and understanding Lebanon, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Lebanon, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Lebanon, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Lebanon auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since by and large the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Lebanon, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Lebanon, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and intelligence of an elite Lebanon, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Lebanon residents from all walks of life to get the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Lebanon, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Lebanon, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Lebanon, IL caused by someone else’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Lebanon auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.