Defending Your Cause After A Lake St. Louis Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Lake St. Louis, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Lake St. Louis, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an auto accident in Lake St. Louis, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Lake St. Louis residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Lake St. Louis auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Lake St. Louis, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful remuneration, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Lake St. Louis, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Lake St. Louis, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Lake St. Louis auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Lake St. Louis, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Lake St. Louis for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Lake St. Louis, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Lake St. Louis can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Lake St. Louis accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Lake St. Louis, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Lake St. Louis, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Lake St. Louis, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Lake St. Louis, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Lake St. Louis, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Lake St. Louis auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a reputable and understanding Lake St. Louis, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Lake St. Louis, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Lake St. Louis, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Lake St. Louis auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since in most cases the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Lake St. Louis, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Lake St. Louis, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and acumen of a competitive Lake St. Louis, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Lake St. Louis residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they merit following an auto accident in Lake St. Louis, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Lake St. Louis, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Lake St. Louis, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not wait: contact Lake St. Louis auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.