Defending Your Interests After A Ladue Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Ladue, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Ladue, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Ladue, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Ladue residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Ladue auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Ladue, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful remuneration, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Ladue, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Ladue, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Ladue, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Ladue to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, though, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Ladue, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Ladue can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Ladue accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Ladue, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Ladue, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Ladue, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Ladue, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Ladue, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Ladue auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you call a reputable and compassionate Ladue, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following documents. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Ladue, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Ladue, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Ladue auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Ladue, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Ladue, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Ladue, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and legal knowledge of an elite Ladue, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Ladue residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Ladue, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Ladue, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Ladue, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not wait: contact Ladue auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.