Fighting For Your Rights After A Kirkwood Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Kirkwood, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Kirkwood, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an auto accident in Kirkwood, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Kirkwood residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Kirkwood auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Kirkwood, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Kirkwood, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Kirkwood, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Kirkwood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Kirkwood for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Kirkwood, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Kirkwood can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Kirkwood accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Kirkwood, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us following your Kirkwood, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Kirkwood, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Kirkwood, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Kirkwood, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Kirkwood auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you talk to a reputable and compassionate Kirkwood, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Kirkwood, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Kirkwood, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Kirkwood auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since by and large the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Kirkwood, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Kirkwood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and intelligence of an elite Kirkwood, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Kirkwood residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Kirkwood, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Kirkwood, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Kirkwood, MO caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Kirkwood auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.