Fighting For Your Cause After A Jennings Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Jennings, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Jennings, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in Jennings, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Jennings residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Jennings auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Jennings, MO auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate compensation, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Jennings, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Jennings, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Jennings auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Jennings, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Jennings for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Jennings, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Jennings can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Jennings accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Jennings, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Jennings, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Jennings, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Jennings, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Jennings, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Jennings auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Jennings, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Jennings, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Jennings, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Jennings auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Jennings, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Jennings, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Jennings, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and acumen of an elite Jennings, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Jennings residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Jennings, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Jennings, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Jennings, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Jennings auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.