Defending Your Rights After A Jefferson City Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Jefferson City, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Jefferson City, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Jefferson City, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Jefferson City residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Jefferson City auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Jefferson City, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Jefferson City, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Jefferson City, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Jefferson City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Jefferson City for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Jefferson City, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Jefferson City can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Jefferson City accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Jefferson City, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Jefferson City, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Jefferson City, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Jefferson City, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Jefferson City, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Jefferson City auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you call a reputable and compassionate Jefferson City, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Jefferson City, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Jefferson City, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Jefferson City auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since for the most part the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Jefferson City, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Jefferson City, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a competitive Jefferson City, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Jefferson City residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Jefferson City, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Jefferson City, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Jefferson City, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact Jefferson City auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.