Defending Your Rights After A Innsbrook Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Innsbrook, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Innsbrook, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in Innsbrook, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Innsbrook residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Innsbrook auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Innsbrook, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just financial rewards, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Innsbrook, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Innsbrook, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and guarantees that you do not win or get a settlement in your Innsbrook auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Innsbrook, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Innsbrook in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Innsbrook, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Innsbrook can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper compensation to Innsbrook accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and give our clients closure in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Innsbrook, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Innsbrook, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Innsbrook, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Innsbrook, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Innsbrook, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Innsbrook auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you call a trustworthy and understanding Innsbrook, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Innsbrook, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Innsbrook, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Innsbrook auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Innsbrook, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Innsbrook, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of a top Innsbrook, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Innsbrook residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they merit following an auto accident in Innsbrook, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Innsbrook, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Innsbrook, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact Innsbrook auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.