Fighting For Your Interests After A Imperial Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Imperial, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Imperial, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an auto accident in Imperial, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Imperial residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about what steps to take afterwards. Our Imperial auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Imperial, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also justice and closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Imperial, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Imperial, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Imperial, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Imperial in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Imperial, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Imperial can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to Imperial accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your particular needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Imperial, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Imperial, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Imperial, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Imperial, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Imperial, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Imperial auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a reputable and understanding Imperial, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Imperial, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Imperial, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Imperial auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to quantify, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Imperial, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Imperial, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Imperial, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and legal knowledge of a competitive Imperial, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Imperial residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Imperial, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Imperial, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Imperial, MO caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Imperial auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.