Fighting For Your Interests After A Huntleigh Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Huntleigh, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Huntleigh, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Huntleigh, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Huntleigh residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Huntleigh auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Huntleigh, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Huntleigh, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Huntleigh, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Huntleigh, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Huntleigh for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, however, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Huntleigh, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Huntleigh can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Huntleigh accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are designed to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Huntleigh, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, please contact us after your Huntleigh, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Huntleigh, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Huntleigh, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Huntleigh, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Huntleigh auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a trustworthy and understanding Huntleigh, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Huntleigh, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Huntleigh, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Huntleigh auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to explain, since for the most part the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Huntleigh, MO auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Huntleigh, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and acumen of an elite Huntleigh, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Huntleigh residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Huntleigh, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Huntleigh, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Huntleigh, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact Huntleigh auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.