Defending Your Interests After A Hillsboro Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Hillsboro, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Hillsboro, MO. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the effects of an auto accident in Hillsboro, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Hillsboro residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Hillsboro auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Hillsboro, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Hillsboro, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Hillsboro, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Hillsboro auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Hillsboro, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Hillsboro in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, though, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Hillsboro, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Hillsboro can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Hillsboro accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are built to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Hillsboro, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Hillsboro, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Hillsboro, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Hillsboro, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Hillsboro, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Hillsboro auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Hillsboro, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Hillsboro, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Hillsboro, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Hillsboro auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Hillsboro, MO victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Hillsboro, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Hillsboro, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and acumen of a competitive Hillsboro, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Hillsboro residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Hillsboro, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Hillsboro, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Hillsboro, MO caused by someone else’s negligence, do not wait: contact Hillsboro auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.