Fighting For Your Rights After A Highland Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Highland, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Highland, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Highland, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Highland residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Highland auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Highland, IL auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just compensation, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Highland, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Highland, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Highland, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Highland for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Highland, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Highland can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Highland accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Highland, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Highland, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Highland, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Highland, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Highland, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Highland auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Highland, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Highland, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Highland, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Highland auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since in most cases the amount of anguish a Highland, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Highland, IL auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Highland, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and intelligence of an elite Highland, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Highland residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Highland, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Highland, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Highland, IL caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Highland auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.