Defending Your Cause After A High Ridge Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in High Ridge, MO
Auto Accident Attorney High Ridge, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in High Ridge, MO can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help High Ridge residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our High Ridge auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our High Ridge, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just compensation, but also a measure of justice after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a High Ridge, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated High Ridge, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that you do not win or get a settlement in your High Ridge auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete High Ridge, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around High Ridge in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran High Ridge, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in High Ridge can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to High Ridge accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common High Ridge, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us after your High Ridge, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In High Ridge, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across High Ridge, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your High Ridge, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your High Ridge auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a reputable and understanding High Ridge, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in High Ridge, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in High Ridge, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your High Ridge auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a High Ridge, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven High Ridge, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and intelligence of a competitive High Ridge, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with High Ridge residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in High Ridge, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your High Ridge, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in High Ridge, MO caused by another party’s negligence, do not wait: contact High Ridge auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.