Defending Your Cause After A Hermann Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Hermann, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Hermann, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the effects of an auto accident in Hermann, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Hermann residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Hermann auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Hermann, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only their rightful compensation, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Hermann, MO auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Hermann, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Hermann auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Hermann, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Hermann to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Hermann, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Hermann can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Hermann accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and give our clients justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Hermann, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us following your Hermann, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Hermann, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Hermann, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Hermann, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Hermann auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a reputable and understanding Hermann, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following receipts and documentation. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Hermann, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Hermann, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Hermann auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since for the most part the amount of discomfort a Hermann, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Hermann, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Hermann, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and acumen of an elite Hermann, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Hermann residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Hermann, MO. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Hermann, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Hermann, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Hermann auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.