Defending Your Cause After A Herculaneum Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Herculaneum, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Herculaneum, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Herculaneum, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Herculaneum residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Herculaneum auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Herculaneum, MO auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just compensation, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Herculaneum, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Herculaneum, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Herculaneum auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Herculaneum, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Herculaneum in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, though, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Herculaneum, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Herculaneum can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Herculaneum accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Herculaneum, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us following your Herculaneum, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Herculaneum, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Herculaneum, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Herculaneum, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Herculaneum auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you call a reputable and understanding Herculaneum, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can start working on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following documents. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Herculaneum, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Herculaneum, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Herculaneum auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Herculaneum, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Herculaneum, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and acumen of an elite Herculaneum, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Herculaneum residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Herculaneum, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Herculaneum, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Herculaneum, MO caused by another party’s negligence, act quickly: contact Herculaneum auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.