Defending Your Interests After A Hecker Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Hecker, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Hecker, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in Hecker, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Hecker residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Hecker auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Hecker, IL auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just compensation, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Hecker, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Hecker, IL auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Hecker auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Hecker, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Hecker to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Hecker, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the results of an auto accident in Hecker can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying proper restitution to Hecker accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Hecker, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Hecker, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Hecker, IL
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Hecker, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Hecker, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Hecker auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you call a trustworthy and understanding Hecker, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following documents. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Hecker, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Hecker, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Hecker auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since by and large the amount of anguish a Hecker, IL victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Hecker, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and a settlement cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Hecker, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the aggression and legal knowledge of a top Hecker, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Hecker residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Hecker, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Hecker, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Hecker, IL caused by another party’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Hecker auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.