Fighting For Your Interests After A Hazelwood Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Hazelwood, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Hazelwood, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the impact of an auto accident in Hazelwood, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Hazelwood residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are hesitant about how to proceed. Our Hazelwood auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Hazelwood, MO auto accident clients to secure them not only fair and just remuneration, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Hazelwood, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Hazelwood, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Hazelwood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Hazelwood to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Hazelwood, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Hazelwood can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper restitution to Hazelwood accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Hazelwood, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Hazelwood, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Hazelwood, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Hazelwood, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Hazelwood, MO accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Hazelwood auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you call a reputable and compassionate Hazelwood, MO car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Hazelwood, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Hazelwood, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Hazelwood auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since in most cases the amount of anguish a Hazelwood, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Hazelwood, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Hazelwood, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and intelligence of an elite Hazelwood, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Hazelwood residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Hazelwood, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Hazelwood, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Hazelwood, MO caused by another driver’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Hazelwood auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.