Fighting For Your Cause After A Harrisonville Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Harrisonville, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Harrisonville, IL. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the impact of an auto accident in Harrisonville, IL can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Harrisonville residents who have been involved in auto accidents and are unsure about what to do next. Our Harrisonville auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Harrisonville, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate remuneration, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Harrisonville, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Harrisonville, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Harrisonville auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Harrisonville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Harrisonville for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Harrisonville, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Harrisonville can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just compensation to Harrisonville accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are built to meet your unique needs and give our clients justice in addition to a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Harrisonville, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Harrisonville, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Harrisonville, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Harrisonville, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Harrisonville, IL accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Harrisonville auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Harrisonville, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following documents. They can help immeasurably when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Harrisonville, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Harrisonville, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Harrisonville auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Harrisonville, IL victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Harrisonville, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot soothe the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Harrisonville, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of a competitive Harrisonville, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Harrisonville residents of all backgrounds to secure the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Harrisonville, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Harrisonville, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Harrisonville, IL caused by another party’s negligence, do not wait: contact Harrisonville auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.