Fighting For Your Rights After A Hamel Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Hamel, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Hamel, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Hamel, IL can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Hamel residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Hamel auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Hamel, IL auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate compensation, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Hamel, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Hamel, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Hamel auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Complete Hamel, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Hamel to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Hamel, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Hamel can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Hamel accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides personalized legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice in addition to a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Hamel, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Hamel, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Hamel, IL
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Hamel, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Hamel, IL accident and gather evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Hamel auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a reputable and compassionate Hamel, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following documents. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Hamel, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Hamel, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Hamel auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Hamel, IL victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Hamel, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Hamel, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the strength and legal knowledge of an elite Hamel, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Hamel residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Hamel, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Hamel, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Hamel, IL caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact Hamel auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.