Fighting For Your Interests After A Gray Summit Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Gray Summit, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Gray Summit, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Gray Summit, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the compensation you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Gray Summit residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Gray Summit auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight aggressively on behalf of all our Gray Summit, MO auto accident clients to get them not only their rightful remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
Following a Gray Summit, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Gray Summit, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Gray Summit, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Every day, thousands of cars and trucks take to the roads in and around Gray Summit in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, however, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Gray Summit, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Gray Summit can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper restitution to Gray Summit accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Gray Summit, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Gray Summit, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Gray Summit, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Gray Summit, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very simple to document your Gray Summit, MO accident and gather evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Gray Summit auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you call a reputable and compassionate Gray Summit, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Gray Summit, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Gray Summit, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Gray Summit auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to put into words, since by and large the amount of anguish a Gray Summit, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Gray Summit, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Gray Summit, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and acumen of an elite Gray Summit, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Gray Summit residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Gray Summit, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Gray Summit, MO auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Gray Summit, MO caused by someone else’s reckless behavior, act quickly: contact Gray Summit auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched case review.