Defending Your Cause After A Granite City Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Granite City, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Granite City, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Granite City, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Granite City residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Granite City auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Granite City, IL auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just compensation, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Granite City, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Granite City, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Granite City auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Granite City, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Granite City for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Granite City, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Granite City can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to Granite City accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are built to satisfy your unique needs and give our clients justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Granite City, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your Granite City, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Granite City, IL
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Granite City, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Granite City, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is a good idea to record their accounts of the accident, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Granite City auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you call a reputable and compassionate Granite City, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can start working on your case and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Granite City, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Granite City, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform work, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Granite City auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since for the most part the amount of difficulty a Granite City, IL victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Granite City, IL auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Granite City, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the strength and legal knowledge of a top Granite City, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Granite City residents of all backgrounds to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Granite City, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Granite City, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Granite City, IL caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Granite City auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched consultation.