Defending Your Interests After A Godfrey Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Godfrey, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Godfrey, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in Godfrey, IL can easily take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Godfrey residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Godfrey auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Godfrey, IL auto accident clients to get them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Godfrey, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Godfrey, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Godfrey auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Godfrey, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Godfrey for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As an experienced Godfrey, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Godfrey can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Godfrey accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Godfrey, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Godfrey, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Godfrey, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Godfrey, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if possible, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Godfrey, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is smart to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Godfrey auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you speak to a reputable and understanding Godfrey, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to focus on recovering after an accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Godfrey, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim following an auto accident in Godfrey, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform work, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Godfrey auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since by and large the amount of anguish a Godfrey, IL victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Godfrey, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining permanent injuries. While in a large number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Godfrey, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of a top Godfrey, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Godfrey residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they merit following an auto accident in Godfrey, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Godfrey, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Godfrey, IL caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Godfrey auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.