Fighting For Your Cause After A Glendale Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Glendale, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Glendale, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in Glendale, MO can easily take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Glendale residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about how to proceed. Our Glendale auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Glendale, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Glendale, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Glendale, MO auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Glendale, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Glendale to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As a veteran Glendale, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Glendale can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just compensation to Glendale accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Glendale, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your Glendale, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Glendale, MO
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Glendale, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very simple to document your Glendale, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Glendale auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Glendale, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to hold on to the following receipts and documentation. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Glendale, MO had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Glendale, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to successfully perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Glendale auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since by and large the amount of difficulty a Glendale, MO victim goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Glendale, MO auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Glendale, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and acumen of a top Glendale, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Glendale residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Glendale, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Glendale, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Glendale, MO caused by another party’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact Glendale auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation case review.