Fighting For Your Cause After A Glen Carbon Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Glen Carbon, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Glen Carbon, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Glen Carbon, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Glen Carbon residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Glen Carbon auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Glen Carbon, IL auto accident clients to win them not only fair and just remuneration, but also closure following an incredibly traumatic experience.
After you’ve been in a Glen Carbon, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Glen Carbon, IL auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Glen Carbon auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Glen Carbon, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Glen Carbon in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, every day many auto accidents happen, caused by another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Glen Carbon, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the results of an auto accident in Glen Carbon can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying proper compensation to Glen Carbon accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Glen Carbon, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us after your Glen Carbon, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Glen Carbon, IL
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Glen Carbon, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is very easy to document your Glen Carbon, IL accident and compile evidence. Take photos of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Glen Carbon auto accident, immediately seek out emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Glen Carbon, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients save the following documents. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Glen Carbon, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Glen Carbon, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as crutches, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Glen Carbon auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to explain, since for the most part the amount of discomfort a Glen Carbon, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Glen Carbon, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Glen Carbon, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and acumen of a competitive Glen Carbon, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Glen Carbon residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Glen Carbon, IL. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Glen Carbon, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Glen Carbon, IL caused by another driver’s negligence, act quickly: contact Glen Carbon auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.