Defending Your Cause After A Germantown Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Germantown, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Germantown, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Germantown, IL can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Germantown residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what steps to take afterwards. Our Germantown auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight aggressively for all our Germantown, IL auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful compensation, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Germantown, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Germantown, IL auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Germantown auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Germantown, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Germantown in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to life-altering ailments and a car so damaged as to be unrecognizable.
As an experienced Germantown, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the effects of an auto accident in Germantown can alter someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying just restitution to Germantown accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Germantown, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Germantown, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Germantown, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Germantown, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you are able to, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is badly injured you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is very easy to document your Germantown, IL accident and compile evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is a good idea to record what they saw, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical care. If you were injured as a result of your Germantown auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you talk to a trustworthy and understanding Germantown, IL car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Germantown, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Germantown, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly restricted to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Germantown auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to quantify, since for the most part the amount of discomfort a Germantown, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Germantown, IL auto accident may result in someone sustaining life-changing injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the immense pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Germantown, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and acumen of a competitive Germantown, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Germantown residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they are entitled to receive following an auto accident in Germantown, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you win your Germantown, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Germantown, IL caused by another party’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact Germantown auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation document review.