Fighting For Your Rights After A Fults Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Fults, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Fults, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the aftermath of an auto accident in Fults, IL can quickly take over anyone’s life, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Fults residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Fults auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Fults, IL auto accident clients to secure them not only appropriate remuneration, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Fults, IL auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Fults, IL auto accident attorney on your side. The Hayden Law Firm offers no-obligation initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Fults auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Full-Service Fults, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Fults to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Fults, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Fults can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both the boardroom and the courtroom, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just restitution to Fults accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to meet your unique needs and get clients both closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Fults, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, please contact us after your Fults, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Fults, IL
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Fults, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance providers when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your license, registration, and insurance details, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is incredibly simple to document your Fults, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical care. If you were hurt as a result of your Fults auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you talk to a reputable and understanding Fults, IL car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
In addition to these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following paperwork. They can help immensely when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Fults, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Fults, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to successfully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all personal items or goods that were damaged as a result of your Fults auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since by and large the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, documenting changes in mental health, lingering symptoms, and attitude is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Fults, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot soothe the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Fults, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and acumen of a competitive Fults, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Fults residents from all walks of life to get the justice they merit following an auto accident in Fults, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you win your Fults, IL auto accident case case or obtain a favorable settlement, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Fults, IL caused by another driver’s careless actions, act quickly: contact Fults auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.