Fighting For Your Interests After A Frontenac Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Frontenac, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Frontenac, MO. After you have been injured in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be your lowest priority. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in Frontenac, MO can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Frontenac residents who have been in auto accidents and are hesitant about what to do next. Our Frontenac auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight fearlessly for all our Frontenac, MO auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate compensation, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Frontenac, MO auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Frontenac, MO auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and promises that won’t owe us a penny if we do not get a positive outcome in your case.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Frontenac, MO Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Frontenac in order to go to work, deliver goods, run errands, or just to enjoy the open road. Sadly, though, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Frontenac, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and seen first-hand how the aftermath of an auto accident in Frontenac can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just compensation to Frontenac accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Frontenac, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, feel free to contact us after your Frontenac, MO accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Frontenac, MO
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Frontenac, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Pull over to somewhere where you will not obstruct traffic, if you can, and check to see if you have suffered any injuries.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is badly hurt you may need to have an ambulance dispatched. When the police arrive, tell the truth about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your insurance card, registration, and license, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly easy to document your Frontenac, MO accident and compile evidence. Get shots of all damage, skid marks, where one or more cars collided, as well as the general area around your accident. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were hurt as a result of your Frontenac auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your personal doctor.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The faster you speak to a trustworthy and understanding Frontenac, MO car accident lawyer, the sooner they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following receipts and documentation. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Frontenac, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Frontenac, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim reimbursement for prescriptions, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as a wheelchair, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Frontenac auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since in most cases the amount of discomfort one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a good idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Frontenac, MO auto accident may result in someone suffering permanent injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot remedy the unmeasurable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is reduced based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot be awarded damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Frontenac, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and legal knowledge of an elite Frontenac, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Frontenac residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Frontenac, MO. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Frontenac, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us anything.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Frontenac, MO caused by another party’s careless actions, do not wait: contact Frontenac auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.