Fighting For Your Interests After A Freeburg Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Freeburg, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Freeburg, IL. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, having concerns about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the impact of an auto accident in Freeburg, IL can easily overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Freeburg residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Freeburg auto accident attorney works with insurance agents, looks over accident reports, and compiles all evidence for her clients. We fight fiercely for all our Freeburg, IL auto accident clients to win them not only appropriate remuneration, but also justice and closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
Following a Freeburg, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Freeburg, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers complimentary initial consultations, and guarantees that if they do not get a positive result in your Freeburg auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Freeburg, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Freeburg to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, though, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Injuries and property damage can range from bumps and bruises and small scratches and dings, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As a veteran Freeburg, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has handled all kinds of auto accident claims and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Freeburg can change someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and has seen the lengths insurance companies go to avoid paying just compensation to Freeburg accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers personalized legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and give our clients justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Freeburg, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Whether or not you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Freeburg, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Freeburg, IL
Following an auto accident, it is likely that people will be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Freeburg, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but choose your words wisely: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very simple to document your Freeburg, IL accident and gather evidence. Take photos of skid marks, property damage, physical surroundings, and the point of impact of your accident. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record their accounts of the accident, as it can help your case immensely.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Freeburg auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than a trip to the emergency room. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a reputable and compassionate Freeburg, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following documents. They can help immensely when negotiating a settlement, or to fully illustrate the effect an auto accident in Freeburg, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness accounts
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five types of damages an accident victim can claim after an auto accident in Freeburg, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychological appointments, rehab or physical therapy to fully recover from accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is based off of what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may stop you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair/replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Freeburg auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to put into words, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Freeburg, IL auto accident may result in a victim sustaining life-altering injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more ability to adapt to their new normal.
It is also key to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on the level they were at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a proportional amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact An Intelligent Freeburg, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and acumen of an elite Freeburg, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Freeburg residents from all walks of life to get the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Freeburg, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, which means that unless you get a positive result in your Freeburg, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a fee.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Freeburg, IL caused by another driver’s negligence, do not wait: contact Freeburg auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation consultation.