Defending Your Cause After A Fountain Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Fountain, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Fountain, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, worrying about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between mental trauma, car repairs, and getting back to full fitness, the effects of an auto accident in Fountain, IL can quickly overwhelm anyone, doubly so when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you are entitled to.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Fountain residents who have been in auto accidents and are unsure about what steps to take afterwards. Our Fountain auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Fountain, IL auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also a measure of justice after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Fountain, IL auto accident, do not delay in contacting Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a dedicated Fountain, IL auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that if they do not get a positive result in your Fountain auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You Peace Of Mind
A Complete Fountain, IL Auto Accident Attorney
On any given day, thousands of vehicles are on the road in and around Fountain for all sorts of purposes. Sadly, though, every day many auto accidents happen, whether due to another driver’s careless actions, poor weather conditions, or roads not being properly maintained. Injuries and property damage can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Fountain, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Fountain can alter someone’s life, forever in some situations. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and understands how insurance firms do not enjoy paying proper compensation to Fountain accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm provides client-centered legal strategies that are built to meet your particular needs and give our clients closure as well as a fair reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Fountain, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has handled. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Fountain, IL accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Fountain, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in a state of shock and uncertain how to proceed. However, having worked with many auto accident clients across Fountain, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or a passenger is severely injured you may need to have an ambulance come and take them to a hospital. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when adjuticating fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Camera phones now being ubiquitious means that it is very easy to document your Fountain, IL accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If there were pedestrians or passersby who witnessed your accident, it is smart to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Fountain auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For more minor injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or potentially a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The quicker you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Fountain, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can begin work on your case and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
In addition to these steps, our firm recommends that all our clients keep the following paperwork. They can help immeasurably when discussing settlement terms, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Fountain, IL had on your life.
- Medical records
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair bills
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Fountain, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, visits to mental health professionals, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: generally this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, the extent of the impact the accident had on your ability to fully perform labor, and how the lasting effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes repair or replacement of your car in addition to any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Fountain auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be difficult to put into words, since in most cases the amount of anguish one goes through after an accident differs from person to person. As a rule, though, documenting changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a good rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe situations, a Fountain, IL auto accident may result in a victim suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties receive is adjusted based on how much at fault they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was determined to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Fountain, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we offer the muscle and legal knowledge of a top Fountain, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Fountain residents from all walks of life to secure the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Fountain, IL. We take all our cases on what is called a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Fountain, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured as a result of an auto accident in Fountain, IL caused by someone else’s careless actions, do not hesitate: contact Fountain auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched conversation.