Fighting For Your Interests After A Foster Pond Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Foster Pond, IL
Auto Accident Attorney Foster Pond, IL. After you have suffered injuries in a car or truck accident, having concerns about your job or your family should be the last thing on your mind. Between medical treatment, dealing with trauma, and repairing your car, the aftermath of an auto accident in Foster Pond, IL can quickly overwhelm anyone, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the monetary reward you deserve.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Foster Pond residents who have been in auto accidents and do not know about how to proceed. Our Foster Pond auto accident attorney reviews accident reports, gathers evidence, and corresponds with insurance or financial representatives on behalf of her clients. We fight fiercely on behalf of all our Foster Pond, IL auto accident clients to get them not only fair and just remuneration, but also justice and closure after going through a very troubling experience.
After you’ve been in a Foster Pond, IL auto accident, don’t wait: contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put an experienced and dedicated Foster Pond, IL auto accident attorney in your corner. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and vows that you do not win or get a settlement in your Foster Pond auto accident lawsuit, you owe us nothing.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Foster Pond, IL Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Foster Pond to deliver the mail, take people to and from work, go to the store, or just out for a leisurely drive. Sadly, however, auto accidents are an everyday occurence, caused by bad weather, poor road conditions, or someone else’s negligence. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to totaled cars and permanent injuries.
As an experienced Foster Pond, IL car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the aftermath of an auto accident in Foster Pond can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in both business and law, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Foster Pond accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers unique legal strategies that are designed to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both closure as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Below are some of the most common Foster Pond, IL auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Regardless if you see the type of auto accident you were involved in on this list, do not hesitate to contact us following your Foster Pond, IL accident for a complimentary review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Foster Pond, IL
After you have been in an auto accident, it is common for people to be in shock and clueless how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Foster Pond, IL, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm recommends that all our clients take these steps after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to file a police report after your accident, but if you or someone else is severely hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police come, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that imply guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when determining fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are required to do by law, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take pictures. The invention, and widespread adoption, of camera phones means that it is incredibly simple to document your Foster Pond, IL accident and compile evidence. Get shots of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If you can find witnesses, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Foster Pond auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more affordable and convenient option than an ER visit. However, larger and more serious injuries will likely require a trip to the hospital, or if possible a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you speak to a trustworthy and compassionate Foster Pond, IL car accident lawyer, the quicker they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to begin the recovery process.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to save the following paperwork. They can help a great deal when negotiating a settlement, or to give a more complete idea of the effect an auto accident in Foster Pond, IL had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Photos of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, rehab costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair documentation
- Incidental bills including rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering resulting from your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim following an auto accident in Foster Pond, IL. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not only limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and required medical equipment such as casts, too.
- Lost wages/earning potential: for the most part this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform work, and how the knock-on effects of your accident/injuries may keep you from working to your full ability in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car as well as any/all personal effects that were damaged as a result of your Foster Pond auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be hard to explain, since by and large the amount of discomfort a Foster Pond, IL victim goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in attitude, mental health and need for therapy, and longer-lasting after-effects of your accident is a smart idea.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Foster Pond, IL auto accident may result in someone suffering life-changing injuries. While in many cases those injuries are permanent and money cannot remedy the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more opportunity to successfully navigate their new normal.
It is also critical to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the quantity of damages one or more parties can take home is reduced based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was judged 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot collect damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Proven Foster Pond, IL Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the muscle and intelligence of a top Foster Pond, IL auto accident law firm. Our firm has partnered with Foster Pond residents from all walks of life to obtain the justice they merit following an auto accident in Foster Pond, IL. We take all our cases on what is known as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Foster Pond, IL auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Foster Pond, IL caused by another driver’s reckless behavior, do not hesitate: contact Foster Pond auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by dialing (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-strings-attched document review.