Fighting For Your Cause After A Foristell Auto Accident
Auto Accident Attorney in Foristell, MO
Auto Accident Attorney Foristell, MO. After you have been hurt in a car or truck accident, worrying about family or work should be the last thing on your mind. Between car repairs, medical treatment, and mental trauma or anguish, the aftermath of an auto accident in Foristell, MO can quickly take over anyone’s life, especially when insurance companies refuse to deal with you or you do not receive the restitution you should be getting.
Attorney Amanda Hayden and The Hayden Law Firm is here to help Foristell residents who have been involved in auto accidents and do not know about what to do next. Our Foristell auto accident attorney finds evidence, deals with insurance and financial agents, and compiles accident reports for her clients. We fight fearlessly on behalf of all our Foristell, MO auto accident clients to win them not only their rightful financial rewards, but also closure after one of the most harrowing experiences of their lives.
After you’ve been in a Foristell, MO auto accident, don’t hesitate to contact Amanda Hayden, either online or by calling (314) 480-3100, and put a veteran Foristell, MO auto accident attorney to work for you. The Hayden Law Firm offers free initial consultations, and promises that if they do not get a positive result in your Foristell auto accident lawsuit, you will not owe them a fee.
Giving You One Less Thing To Worry About
A Full-Service Foristell, MO Auto Accident Attorney
Thousands of cars and trucks take to the road every day in and around Foristell for all sorts of purposes. Unfortunately, however, auto accidents regularly occur, caused by poorly maintained roads, the negligence of other motorists, or adverse weather conditions. Automotive damages and personal injuries can range from minor cosmetic blemishes or a few cuts and scrapes, to life-changing injuries and vehicles better suited as scrap metal.
As a veteran Foristell, MO car accident lawyer, attorney Amanda Hayden has taken auto accident claims of all types and personally viewed how the effects of an auto accident in Foristell can change someone’s life, in some cases permanently. She has more than 15 years’ experience in the boardroom as well as the courtroom, and knows the tactics insurance companies use to avoid paying just restitution to Foristell accident victims. The Hayden Law Firm offers client-centered legal strategies that are tailor-made to satisfy your particular needs and get clients both justice as well as a just reward for their injuries and losses.
Here are a few of the most common Foristell, MO auto accident cases The Hayden Law Firm has taken. Even if you do not see the type of auto accident you experienced on this list, feel free to contact us after your Foristell, MO accident for a free, no-obligation review of your claim.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Foristell, MO
Following an auto accident, it is common for people to be stunned and unsure of how to proceed. However, having dealt with many auto accident clients across Foristell, MO, the staff at The Hayden Law Firm suggests that all our clients do the following after their auto accident:
- Make sure you are safe. Find a place to stop away from traffic, if possible, and check to see if you are hurt.
- Call 911. Not only will you need to talk with police and get a full report of your auto accident, but if you or someone else is badly hurt you may need to call for an ambulance. When the police arrive, be honest about the accident but avoid saying anything unnecessary: statements that suggest guilt can and will be used against you by insurance companies when finding fault.
- Collect all relevant information. Exchange not only your registration, license, and insurance provider, which you are legally required to do, but also phone numbers and other contact details.
- Take photos. Everyone now having a camera on their phone means that it is incredibly simple to document your Foristell, MO accident and compile evidence. Take photos of the site of your accident, skid marks, and the full extent of your damage. If nearby pedestrians saw your accident, it is wise to record what they saw, as it can greatly benefit your case.
- Get medical attention. If you were injured as a result of your Foristell auto accident, immediately get emergency medical care. For smaller injuries, a local urgent care center is a more convenient and cost-effective option than an ER visit. However, more severe or bigger will likely necessitate a trip to the hospital, or if they are available a visit to your primary care physician.
- Contact an auto accident attorney. The sooner you talk to a reputable and understanding Foristell, MO car accident lawyer, the faster they can get to work on your behalf and allow you to get on with recovering from your accident.
As well as these steps, our firm urges all our clients to keep the following documents. They can help a great deal when discussing settlement terms, or to paint a full picture of the effect an auto accident in Foristell, MO had on your life.
- Medical documentation
- Pictures of the accident scene
- The full police report of the accident
- Witness statements
- All medical-related bills (ambulance fees, physical therapy costs, medications, etc.)
- Doctor’s reports and observations
- Repair records
- Incidental bills such as rental car receipts
- Lost earning opportunities
- Records of pain and suffering directly caused by your accident
What Damages Can I Recover After An Auto Accident?
In general, there are five kinds of damages someone can claim after an auto accident in Foristell, MO. These are:
- Medical damages: these are not strictly limited to hospital bills or doctor’s visits, either. An auto accident victim can claim costs for medications, psychiatric care, rehab or physical therapy due to accident injuries, and necessary medical equipment such as casts, as well.
- Lost wages/earning potential: in general this is determined by what you were earning prior to the accident, how much the accident impacted your ability to adequately perform labor, and how the lingering effects of your accident/injuries may prevent you from working to your full potential in the future.
- Property damage: this includes fixing or replacing your car in addition to any/all additional items that were damaged as a result of your Foristell auto accident.
- Pain and suffering: these damages can be tough to quantify, since in most cases the amount of difficulty one goes through after an accident varies from person to person. In general, though, recording changes in personality, attitude, and mental health is a smart rule of thumb.
- Disability or disfigurement: in more severe cases, a Foristell, MO auto accident may result in someone sustaining permanent injuries. While in a substantial number of cases those injuries are permanent and compensation cannot take away the unspeakable pain and difficulty these injuries cause, it can help provide an accident victim more freedom to adapt to their new normal.
It is also important to note that Illinois and Missouri are both comparative fault states, which means that the amount of damages one or more parties are entitled to is adjusted based on how responsible they were for causing an auto accident. Missouri is a pure comparative fault state, which allows for even someone who was adjudged to be 99% responsible for an accident to collect a commensurate amount of damages, while Illinois is a modified comparative fault state, where someone cannot obtain damages if they were 51% or more responsible for their auto accident.
Contact A Caring Foristell, MO Auto Accident Attorney
At The Hayden Law Firm, we provide the aggression and acumen of a top Foristell, MO auto accident law firm. Our firm has worked with Foristell residents of all backgrounds to obtain the justice they deserve following an auto accident in Foristell, MO. We take all our cases on what is referred to as a contingency basis, meaning that unless you get a positive result in your Foristell, MO auto accident case, you will not need to owe us a penny.
If you have been injured in an auto accident in Foristell, MO caused by another driver’s negligence, do not hesitate: contact Foristell auto accident attorney Amanda Hayden today by calling (314) 480-3100 or online for a free, no-obligation conversation.